<$BlogRSDURL$>

mOmentOm yOga. . . steady, cOmfy, happy, yOga. . .

. . . fOrmerly knOwn as Om Improvement, mOmentOm yOga is nOw at:
241b victOria street, bugis village, singapOre 188030
mOmentOmyOga@gmail.com
tel: 63344100

Thursday, November 09, 2006

insights frOm the mat

One of our mOmentOm yOgis, Irene, has an excellent suggestion which is to invite yogis to share with each other how they integrate meditation into their daily lives, or indeed, we can extend it to how yogis integrate any yoga practice into their daily lives. We can encourage each other in this way and our practice really comes alive! Sometimes, yogis can come up with pretty interesting and ingenious ideas on how to live better with the wisdom they unearth from within themselves through their own earnest experience of the practice. So let us share these gems! Just email us your insights at mOmentOmyOga@gmail.com

Irene recently completed her attendance at a Insight Meditation course at Mangala Vihara and she has this to contribute:

The Venerable from Mangala Vihara said something to this extent - Meditation is like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. You can choose not to do it (ie. brushing teeth/shower) but you know it's not good to neglect this habit. I like this analogy. Whenever I feel the inertia to meditate, I ask myself, "So am I not going to brush my teeth or take a shower today?". Sometimes the inertia gets the better of me & I tell myself, gosh I smell..... Haha......

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .